Mov Sport Sci/Sci Mot
Number 88, 2015
|Page(s)||3 - 12|
|Published online||15 May 2014|
- Abbott, A., & Collins, D. (2002). A theoretical and empirical analysis of a ‘state of the art’ talent identification model. High Ability Studies, 13, 157–178. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Ali, A. (2011). Measuring soccer skill performance: a review. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine and Science in Sports, 21, 170–183. [CrossRef]
- Baker, J., & Logan, A.J. (2007). Developmental contexts and sporting success: Birth date and birthplace effects in national hockey league draftees 2000-2005. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 41, 515–517. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Barnett, L. (2006). Flying high or crashing down: Girls’ account of trying out for cheerleading and dance. Journal of Adolescent Research, 21, 514–541. [CrossRef]
- Baxter-Jones, A. (1995). Growth and development of young athletes: Should competition levels be age related? Sports Medicine, 20, 59–64. [CrossRef]
- Borry, P., Shabani, M., & Howard, H.C. (2014). Is there a right time to know? The right not to know and genetic testing in children. Journal of Law, Medicine and Ethics, 42 (1), 19–27
- Bray, M.S., Hagberg, J.M., Pérusse, L., Rankinen, T., Roth, S.M., Wolfarth, B., & Bouchard, C. (2009). The Human Gene Map for Performance and Health-Related Fitness Phenotypes: The 2006-2007 Update. Medecine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 41 (1) 35–73. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Bruce, L., Farrow, D., Raynor, A., & Mann, D. (2012). But I can’t pass that far! The influence of motor skill on decision making. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 13, 152–161. [CrossRef]
- Burgess, D.J., & Naughton, G.A. (2010). Talent development in adolescent team sports: a review. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, 5 (1), 103–116. [PubMed]
- Buekers, M. (2002). Coaches and teachers at the crossroads of emerging patterns and direct perception. In S.P. Shohov, (Ed.) Trends in Cognitive Psychology, (pp. 237–250). Nova Science Publishers, Inc., New York.
- Collins, D., & MacNamara, A. (2011). Comments on ‘Expert Performance in Sport and the Dynamics of Talent Development’ Sports Medicine 41, 609–610. [CrossRef]
- Debanne, T., & Laffaye, G. (2011). Predicting the throwing velocity of the ball in handball with anthropometric variables and isotonic tests. Journal of Sport Sciences, 29, 705–713. [CrossRef]
- Delahunt, E., Byrne, R., Doolin, R., McInerney, R., Ruddock, C., & Green, B. (2013). Anthropometric profile and body composition of Irish adolescent rugby union players. Journal of Strength and Condition Research, 27, 3252−3258. [CrossRef]
- Delorme, N., Boiché, J., & Raspaud, M. (2010). Relative age effect in elite sports: Methodological bias or real discrimination. European Journal of Sport Sciences, 10, 91–96. [CrossRef]
- Elferink-Gemser, M.T., Visscher, C., Lemmink, K., & Mulder, T.W. (2004). Relation between multidimensional performance characteristics and level of performance in talented youth field hockey players. Journal of Sport Sciences, 22, 1053–1063. [CrossRef]
- Falk, B., Lidor, R., Lander, Y., & Lang, B. (2004) Talent identification and early development of elite water-polo players: a 2-year follow-up study. Journal of Sport Sciences, 22, 347–355. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Ford, P.R., & Williams, A.M. (2011). No relative age effect in the birth dates of award-winning athletes in male professional team sports. Research Quarterly for exercise and sport, 82 (3), 570–573. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Gabbett, T., Georgieff, B., & Domrow, N. (2007). The use of physiological, anthropometric, and skill data to predict selection in a talent-identified junior volleyball squad. Journal of Sport Sciences, 25, 1337–1344. [CrossRef]
- Goldstein, T., & Winner, E. (2009). Living in alternative and inner worlds: Early signs of acting talent. Creativity Research Journal, 21, 117–124. [CrossRef]
- Gould, D., Dieffenbach, K., & Moffett, A. (2002). Psychological characteristics and their development in Olympic champions. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 14, 172–204. [CrossRef]
- Henriksen, K. (2010). The ecology of talent development in sport: A multiple case study of successful talent development environments in Scandinavia. PhD thesis, Faculty of Health Sciences, Odense, Denmark, 1–191.
- Kannekens, R., Elferink-Gemser, M.T., & Visscher, C. (2011). Positioning and deciding: key factors for talent development in soccer. Scandinavian Journal for Medicine and Science in Sports, 21, 846–852. [CrossRef]
- Lidor, R., Falk, B., Arnon, M., Cohen, Y., & Lang, B. (2005) Measurement of Talent in team handball: The questionable use of motor and physical tests. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 19, 318–325.
- Lidor, R., Hershko, Y., Bilkevitz, A., Arnon, M., & Falk, B. (2007). Measurement of talent in volleyball: 15-month follow-up of elite adolescent players. Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness, 47 (2), 159–168.
- Livingstone, M., Lafer-Sousa, R., & Conway, B. (2011). Stereopsis and artistic talent: poor stereopsis among art students and established artists. Psychological Science, 22, 336–338. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- MacArthur, D.G., & North, K.N. (2005). Gene and Human Elite Athletic Performance. Human Genetics, 2005, (116) 331–39.
- Magiera, A., Roczniok, R., Maszczyk, A., Czuba, M., Kantyka, J., & Kurek, P. (2013). The Structure of Performance of a Sport Rock Climber. Journal of Human Kinetics, 36, 107–117. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet] [PubMed]
- Martindale, R., Collins, D., & Abraham, A. (2007). Effective talent development: the elite coach perspective in UK Sport. Journal of Applied Sport Psychology, 19, 187–206. [CrossRef]
- Matthews, M., & McBee, M. (2007). School factors and the underachievement of gifted students in a talent search summer program. Gifted Child Education, 51, 167–181. [CrossRef]
- Matthys, S., Vaeyens, R., Fransen, J., Deprez, D., Pion, J., Vandendriessche, J., Vandorpe, B., Lenoir, M., & Philippaerts, R. (2013). A longitudinal study of multidimensional performance characteristics related to physical capacities in youth handball. Journal of Sport Sciences, 31, 325–334. [CrossRef]
- Mohamed, H., Vaeyens, R., Matthys, S., Multael, M., Lefevre, J., Lenoir, M., & Philippaerts, R. (2009). Anthropometric and performance measures for the development of a talent detection and identification model in youth handball. Journal of Sports Sciences, 27 (3), 257–266. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Mudrak, J. (2011). ‘He was born that way’: parental constructions of giftedness. High Ability Studies, 22 (2), 199–217. [CrossRef]
- Neame, E. (2009). Born To Run? A DNA Test To Identify Future Sports Stars. Nature Reviews Genetics, 10, 74. [CrossRef]
- Nevett, M., & French, K. (1997). The development of sport-specific planning, rehearsal, and updating of plans during defensive youth baseball game performance. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 68 (3), 203–214. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Platzer, H-P.,Raschner, C., Patterson, C., & Lembert, S. (2009). Comparison of physical characteristics and performance among elite snowboarders. Journal of strength and condition research, 23, 1427–1432. [CrossRef]
- Re, A., Correa, U., & Bohme, M. (2010). Anthropometric characteristics and motor skills in talent selection and development in indoor soccer. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 110 (3), 916–930. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Reilly, T., Bangsbo, J., & Franks, A. (2000). Anthropometric predispositions for elite soccer. Journal of Sport Sciences, 18 (9), 669–683. [CrossRef]
- Renzulli, J. S. (1978). What makes giftedness? Reexamining a definition. Phi Delta Kappan, 60, 180–184.
- Rogulj, N., Papic, V., & Cavala, M. (2009). Evaluation of some morphological characteristics for talent scouting in sport. Collegium Antropologicum, 33, 105–110. [PubMed]
- Rostan, S (2010). Studio learning: motivation, competence, and the development of young art students’ talent and creativity. Creativity Research Journal, 22, 261–271. [CrossRef]
- Rostan, S., Pariser, D., & Grüber, H. (2002) A cross-cultural study of the development of artistic talent, creativity and giftedness. High Ability Studies, 13, 125–155. [CrossRef]
- Savelsberghs, G.J.P., Haansa, S.H.A., Kooijmana, M.K., & van Kampen, P.M. (2010). A method to identify talent: Visual search and locomotion behavior in young football players. Human Movement Science, 29 (5), 764–776. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Schroth, S., & Helfer, J. (2009). Practitioners’ conceptions of academic talent and giftedness: Essential factors in declining classroom and school composition. Journal of Advanced Academics, 20, 384–403. [CrossRef]
- Scott, M., & Kelso P. (2008) One Club Wants To Use A Gene-Test To Spot the New Ronaldo. Is this Football’s Future? The Guardian 2008 Apr 26. Available from URL: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/apr/26/genetics
- Sheppard, J., Gabbett, T., & Reeberg Stanganelli, L-C. (2009). An analysis of playing positions in elite men’s volleyball: Considerations for competition demands and physiological characteristics. Journal of strength and condition research, 23, 1858–1866. [CrossRef]
- Sommerlund, J., & Strandvad, S.M. (2012). The promise of talent: Performing potentiality. Theory and Psychology, 22 (2), 179–195. [CrossRef]
- Tahara, Y., Moji, K., Tsunawake, N., Fukuda, R., Nakayama, M., Nakagaichi, M., Komine, T., Kusano, Y., & Aoyagi, K. (2006). Physique, Body composition and maximum oxygen consumption of selected soccer players of Kunimi high school, Nagasaki, Japan. Journal of Physiological Anthropology, 25, 291–297. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Thompson, A.H., Barnsley, R.H., & Stebelsky, G. (1991). The relative age effect and major-league baseball. Sociology of Sport Journal, 8 (2), 146–151.
- Till, K., Cobley, S., O’Hara, J., Brightmore, A., Cooke, C., & Chapman, C. (2011) Using anthropometric and performance characteristics to predict selection in junior UK Rugby League players. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 14, 264–269. [CrossRef]
- Trustee, J., & Niles, S. (2004). Realized potential or lost talent: High school variables and bachelor’s degree completion. The Career Development Quarterly, 53, 2–15. [CrossRef]
- Tucker, R., & Collins, M. (2012). What makes champions? A review of the relative contributionof genes and training to sporting success. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 46, 555–561. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Vaeyens, R., Lenoir, M., Williams, A.M., & Philippaerts, R. (2008). Talent identification and development programs in sport. Sports Medicine, 38 (9), 703–714. [CrossRef]
- Warburton, E. (2002). From talent identification to multidimensional assessment: toward new models of evaluation in dance education. Research in Dance Education, 3, 103−121. [CrossRef] [MathSciNet]
- Weissensteiner, J.R., Abernethy, B., Farrow, D., & Gross, J. (2012). Distinguishing psychological characteristics of expert cricket batsmen. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 15, 74–79. [CrossRef]
- Wildavsky, B. (2010). The great brain race: How global Universities are reshaping the world, Princeton University Press, Princeton, New Jersey.
- Yang, N., MacArthur, D.G.,Gulbin, J.P., Hahn, A.G., Beggs, A.H., Easteal, S., & North, K. (2003). ACTN3 Genotype Is Associated with Human Elite Athletic Performance. American Journal of Human Genetics, 73 (3), 627–31. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Zapartidis, I., Kororos, P., Christodoulidis, T., Skoufas, D., & Bayios, I. (2011). Profile of young handball players by playing position and determinants of ball throwing velocity. Journal of Human Kinetics, 27, 17–30. [CrossRef]
Current usage metrics show cumulative count of Article Views (full-text article views including HTML views, PDF and ePub downloads, according to the available data) and Abstracts Views on Vision4Press platform.
Data correspond to usage on the plateform after 2015. The current usage metrics is available 48-96 hours after online publication and is updated daily on week days.
Initial download of the metrics may take a while.